About this Class
In this class, we will
- review my brush alterations and adjustments
- look at Procreate brushes and their various idiosyncrasies
- explore approaches you can take in your creative work
This is an ideal class for you, even if you are not sure what you will use the art for, whether it be for design for sites like Society6 and Red Bubble or for art licensing! Learning new Procreate workflows is always desirable. I guarantee you will create something really appealing, and it’s so much fun, once you get the hang of it!
Concepts covered include but are not limited to Procreate abstract art design, layering, transparency, Procreate canvas settings, art licensing info, adding accents, adjusting Procreate brushes, sizing of documents and brushes, composition strategies when producing large abstract pieces, adding texture brush stamps, procreate brushes and glitter and gold accents for adding interest, workflow best practices, painting best practice, Procreate composites, techniques with paints and blending modes, and much more.
You will get the bonus of…
- 1 hour and 10 minutes of direction from an instructor who has been in graphic design business and education for over 40 years
- knowledge of multiple ways to solve each design challenge
- an outline with links to further research
- a list of helpful online sites to further your education into surface pattern design
Make sure you take the time to do some research to decide on the “look” you are trying to achieve with your abstract art. Challenge yourself today with this project! It might be completely different from the type of work you normally do. Download and install the Procreate brushes provided to get started. I have included the texture set so you can try different overlay textures at the end to add interest. Begin by laying down the initial composition. Work through each of the lessons, applying the concepts as I teach them. Try to create at least one brush, and experiment with changing settings on the brushes provided. I have also included the glitter and gold so you can try your hand at the accents if you wish.