About this Class:
Are you ready for some holiday art fun? I have recently been updating this artwork for a call-out for art licensing and I thought to myself “Hey, I could teach a lot of new concepts with this”, so I have packaged it up as a class here to share those steps with you.
This new class, Create A Charming Snow Globe Snowman in Procreate, will show you some of my illustration and licensing design methodology, and ways to use my new sampler set of gouache brushes which I provide you. In the class, I take you from start to finish in creating a full Snow Globe Snowman, notably with a realistic 3D glass snow globe. And, I have techniques to save the illustration in its original 2d format then convert it to a 3d look that fits into the snow globe. I use this method to be sure the art that we’ll be creating is completely editable and can possibly be used for more than 1 purpose. But the star of the show is definitely creating this snow globe snowman in a very loose and forgiving style.
In this class I’ll walk you through:
- my step-by-step method for illustrating the snowman and snow globe in Procreate
- tips for creating compositions for a really varied and appealing illustration using gouache brushes
- my workflow for use of layers and other great features like snapping and the liquify filter
- full background creation and adding light flares and a 3d look
- methods for keeping the design fully editable for later adjustments and recoloring
If you’re an aspiring illustrator with a good basic knowledge of Procreate, you’ll be able to go through all the steps. This class will benefit anyone who wishes to create art for possible art licensing opportunities and to improve efficiency while illustrating.
The key concepts I will include:
- review of my brush alterations and adjustments
- a look at the liquify filter for adjusting art
- approaches you can take in your creative work
This is an ideal class for you, even if you are not sure what you will use the art for, whether it be for a greeting card design for sites like Cardisle or Greeting Card Universe, or whatever! Learning new Procreate workflows is always desirable. I guarantee you will create something super adorable, and it’s so much fun, once you get the hang of it!
Concepts covered include but are not limited to Procreate painting with gouache paints, layering, transparency, Procreate canvas settings, Procreate snapping and guides, the Brush Studio in Procreate, adjusting Procreate brushes, sizing of documents and brushes, using the streamline setting in the brush studio, adding texture brush stamps, procreate brushes for adding interest, creating shine and dimension, creating reflective glass in 3d, using liquify to produce 3d art, liquify for correcting art, simple breakdown of drawing techniques, workflow best practices, painting best practice, Procreate composites, techniques with paints and blending, and much more.
- Intro to Create A Charming Snow Globe Snowman in Procreate (2:12)
- Lesson 1 Overview, Sketch and Brushes (9:51)
- Lesson 2 Painting the Top Hat (8:25)
- Lesson 3 Top Hat Ribbon and Scarf (7:16)
- Lesson 4 Painting the Branches and Cardinal (11:29)
- Lesson 5 Finishing Touches on Snowman (10:31)
- Lesson 6 Starting the Globe and Base (11:43)
- Lesson 7 Placing the Snowman (10:20)
- Lesson 8 Finishing Touches (18:49)
- Lesson 9 Wrap Up and Closing Thoughts (2:26)
For a challenge, try these DeloresArt Classes
Showcase other available courses, bundles, and coaching products you’re selling with the Featured Products block to provide alternatives to visitors who may not be interested in this specific product.