The key concepts I will include:
- methods to use symbols to create reflections
- design efficiencies to help you create in bulk
- steps necessary to complete a professional illustration
Affinity Designer is an excellent program for doing so many things, and this is just another examples of things you can do with it! Learning vector software workflows will increase your self-confidence in being able to work as a professional artist. You will learn everything necessary, incrementally.
Concepts covered include but are not limited to the Affinity Designer Asset Studio, Affinity Designer Vector Persona, Affinity Designer Raster Persona, layering, Affinity Designer Symbol Studio, Affinity Designer Transform Studio, Affinity geometry and Boolean operations, Affinity Designer canvas settings, importing and applying textures, Affinity Designer composites, Affinity Designer Color Studio, Affinity Designer Transform Studio, shapes, color swatches and importing colors, texture fills, and much more.
You will get the bonus of…
- 94 minutes of direction from an instructor who has been in graphic design business and education for over 40 years
- knowledge of multiple ways to solve each design challenge
- a set of textures you can import into your asset studio
Think about what sort of reflection you want to create. This works best with symmetrical object, which is why the butterfly is perfect. If you want to change it up, try a cartoony animal face, a bug, a dragonfly, or whatever suits your fancy. Use the assets you created in the last class and make any new ones you might need. Follow all the instructions in the video to create your template. Duplicate this template before you start arranging elements so you have it for future reflections.