About this Class:
Creating watercolour illustrations in Procreate has become easier, thanks to the plethora of custom brushes available on the market today. The only issue is, what do you want to do with them? And how do you make them work the way you are used to for natural media???
Are you a traditional watercolour artist who loves to paint florals, or are you after a more cutting-edge sort of a look? Or are you a digital artist who doesn't want to learn the traditional medium, but would love to create a classic watercolour look? Either way, I wanted to share that I have created visually appealing watercolour florals with a unique abstracted look, and I’d like to invite you to join me as we practice our digital illustration skills and complete a project together in Procreate.
The key concepts I will include:
- review of my painting techniques and the production of floral abstracts
- a look at Procreate brushes and their various idiosyncrasies
- the creation of custom Procreate brushes
- discovery and adventure of developing a new style
- approaches you can take in your creative work
These lessons in Procreate are the perfect place to build watercolour skills in an environment where you can work in an instinctive and intuitive manner. I give you advice on how to be sure to save files and go back to old versions in case you need to. If you have yearned for a daily practice of just creating art, this class is for you, whether you are a professional artist/illustrator or you just want to make art for fun. Check out my Pinterest board called Watercolour Inspirations for example work, and just imagine what you'll be able to create after completing this class. You don't need to know how to draw, or even have ever worked with watercolour paints before. All you need is an open mind, the willingness to learn and take risks, and the drive to have a tonne of fun!
Concepts covered include but are not limited to Procreate art techniques, Procreate watercolour, mixing watercolours, blending watercolours, mark making experimental techniques, layering, transparency, Procreate brush stamps, Procreate floral brush creation, art licensing, POD ideas, creating original brush stamps in Procreate, the Brush Studio in Procreate, adjusting Procreate brushes, sizing of documents and brushes, using the streamline setting in the brush studio, compositions with brush stamps, adding texture brush stamps, procreate brushes for adding interest, workflow best practices, painting best practice, Procreate composites, techniques with paints and blending, and much more.
You will get the bonus of…
- a free brush set (value $14)
- a free background textures document (value $24)
- an hour of direction from an instructor who has been in graphic design business and education for over 40 years
- knowledge of multiple ways to solve each design challenge
- an outline with links to further research
- a list of helpful online sites to further your education into surface pattern design
- Intro Tawny Autumn Watercolor in Procreate (2:40)
- Lesson 1 Overview, Instructions and Inspiration (7:36)
- Lesson 2 Brush Installation and Finished Examples (8:24)
- Lesson 3 Getting the Composition Started (10:17)
- Lesson 4 Background Composition Methods (6:59)
- Lesson 5 Fleshing Out and Detailing the Composition (8:36)
- Lesson 6 Adding Text and Detail to the Motif Finish (12:35)
- Lesson 7 Finishing Ideas and Mockup (12:42)
- Conclusion and Wrap Up (2:25)
For a challenge, try these DeloresArt Classes
Showcase other available courses, bundles, and coaching products you’re selling with the Featured Products block to provide alternatives to visitors who may not be interested in this specific product.