The key concepts I will include:
- review of my painting techniques and how natural media can work in the production of abstracts
- a look at brushes and their various idiosyncrasies
- discovery and adventure of developing a new style
- approaches you can take in your creative work
This is a great course for you to take no matter what the purpose for the art you create. Approach this course with an open mind and heart, and you will create something striking!
Concepts covered include but are not limited to the Viviva watercolour paint sheets, mixing watercolours, blending watercolours, mark making experimental techniques, layering, transparency, wet on wet techniques, wet on dry techniques, moisture control, water control, review of watercolour theory, finding appropriate reference, daily art practice, art journaling, mark making, texture, using a liner brush, using a filbert or fan brush, scanning and importing watercolour for use in Photoshop composites, Procreate composites, Procreate abstract art, procreate brushes for adding interest, workflow best practices, painting best practices, techniques with paints and blending, and much more.
You will get the bonus of…
- an hour of direction from an instructor who has been in graphic design business and education for over 40 years
- knowledge of multiple ways to solve each design challenge
- handouts explaining key concepts
- a list of helpful online sites to further your education into surface pattern design