About this class:
This class, Easy Watercolour Seamless Repeat Patterns in Procreate using Brushes, will show you some of my illustration and pattern design methodology, and ways to use brushes to create a pattern. In the class, I take you from start to finish in creating a full seamless repeat pattern, notably with a seamless realistic watercolour background. And, I have techniques to save the pattern in many iterations. I use this method to be sure the pattern swatch that we’ll be creating is completely editable. One of my goals is to show you how we’ll be able to recolor it once the pattern is complete. But the star of the show is definitely creating and using brushes to create these patterns.
In this class I’ll walk you through:
- my step-by-step method for making seamless patterns in Procreate
- tips for creating compositions for a really varied and appealing pattern repeat using brushes
- my workflow for use of layers and other great features like snapping
- adjusting patterns to perfect the flow and adding elements in the second iteration of the design
- fully seamless watercolour background creation
- methods for keeping the swatch fully editable for later adjustments and recoloring
If you’re an aspiring pattern designer with a good basic knowledge of Procreate, you’ll be able to go through all the steps. This class will benefit anyone who wishes to simplify creation of seamless patterns and methods to improve efficiency.
The key concepts I will include:
- review of my brush alterations and adjustments
- a look at Procreate brushes and their various idiosyncrasies
- approaches you can take in your creative work
This is an ideal class for you, even if you are not sure what you will use the pattern for, whether it be for fabric design for sites like Spoonflower, scrapbooking paper, custom web graphics, or whatever! I guarantee you will create something really appealing, and it’s so much fun, once you get the hang of it!
- Intro to Watercolour Seamless Repeat Patterns in Procreate (1:21)
- Lesson 1 Overview and Examples (5:40)
- Lesson 2 Brushes and Technique (7:18)
- Lesson 3 Making the Seamless Repeat Background (5:53)
- Lesson 4 Adding Pattern Elements (6:42)
- Lesson 5 Repeat Construction and Checking (10:07)
- Lesson 6 Finessing the Pattern (11:59)
- Lesson 7 MockUps and Wrap Up (2:23)
Looking for a challenge?
Try the Serene Forest Watercolour Negative Space Trees class. Learn to make complex selections and create lots of layering. In this class, Serene Forest Watercolour Negative Space in Procreate, I take you from start to finish in creating the illustration with all the details, including many textures and adding some foreground items. I show you a unique method to create the paint pooling inherent to watercolour paintings and show you how to add texturing to the final art. Making complex selections is the focus of the class, but I do break it down thoroughly to make sure you fully understand.
Example Featured Products
Showcase other available courses, bundles, and coaching products you’re selling with the Featured Products block to provide alternatives to visitors who may not be interested in this specific product.