About this Class:
This class, Easy Geometric Patterns in Procreate, will demonstrate some of my pattern design methodology, and quick and easy ways to create two simple geometric patterns. In the class, I take you from start to finish in creating full seamless repeat patterns, notably using either a square or a circle to start. And, I have techniques to save the pattern in many iterations and colors, as well as the added bonus of producing a pattern brush. I use a specific method to be sure the pattern swatch that we’ll be creating is completely editable. One of my goals is to show you how we’ll be able to re-color it once the pattern is complete.
In this class I’ll walk you through:
- my step-by-step method for making seamless geometric patterns in Procreate
- tips for creating compositions for a really varied and appealing pattern repeat
- my workflow for use of layers and other great features like snapping and magnetics
- adjusting patterns to create different variations, as you will see
- methods for keeping the swatch fully editable for later adjustments and recoloring
If you’re an aspiring pattern designer with a good basic knowledge of Procreate, you’ll be able to go through all the steps. This class will benefit anyone who wishes to simplify creation of seamless pattern coordinates and collections with methods to improve efficiency.
The key concepts I will include:
- review of my shape creation including alterations and adjustments
- methods to work with basic shapes and keep them symmetrical
- approaches you can take in your creative work
This is an ideal class for you, even if you are not sure what you will use the pattern for, whether it be for fabric design for sites like Spoonflower, scrapbooking paper, custom web graphics, or whatever! Learning new Procreate workflows is always desirable. I guarantee you will create something really appealing, and it’s so much fun, once you get the hang of it!
- Intro to Geometric Patterns in Procreate (1:30)
- Lesson 1 Starting the Triangular Pattern (7:06)
- Lesson 2 Expanding on the Design for Variety (5:13)
- Lesson 3 Experiment with Values and Patterns (6:44)
- Lesson 4 Setting Up Circular Pattern (6:47)
- Lesson 5 Finalizing Circular Components (4:53)
- Lesson 6 Circular Design Color Experiments (6:47)
- Lesson 7 Testing and Finalizing the Patterns (5:47)
- Lesson 8 Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up (2:26)