This class, Create Fully 3D Water Droplets using Pastel Chalk Techniques, is the shortest class I have ever produced. It will show you in a step-by-step fashion how to create these pastel water drops with texture and a full 3D appearance. I will show you my illustration methodology, and ways to create the graphics that make it easier to duplicate. In the class, I take you from start to finish in creating a full water drop on a background. One of my goals is to show you how quick this is to complete.
In this class I’ll walk you through:
· my step-by-step method for making a 3D water droplet
· tips for creating really varied droplets
· creating color palettes
· airbrushing for dimension and shine
· my workflow for use of layers
· making selections and adjusting selections
· using selections as quick masks
· methods for keeping the droplet fully editable for later for making duplicates
If you’re an aspiring illustrator with a basic knowledge of Procreate, you’ll be able to go through all the steps. This class will benefit anyone who wishes to learn additional Procreate techniques, especially with making selections and adjusting selections to use as masks for making highlights and shadows.
The key concepts I will include:
· review of my brush alterations and adjustments
· how to create a shiny 3D effect
· approaches you can take in your creative work
This is an ideal class for you, even if you are not sure what you will use the water droplets for! Learning new Procreate workflows is always desirable. I guarantee you will create a great 3D water droplet, and it’s so much fun, once you get the hang of it!
- Intro (1:41)
- Lesson 1 Explanation and Starting the Background (5:43)
- Lesson 2 Methods for Creating Contours (7:05)
- Lesson 3 Adding Some of the White Contouring (3:05)
- Lesson 4 Creating Varied and Brightest Highlights (4:15)
- Lesson 5 Finishing Up the Water Drop (10:20)
- Lesson 6 Conclusion and Wrap Up (1:47)