About this class:
I have taught you how to make seamless repeat patterns in Procreate before, but these three patterns are new! I decided to break down the complete process for myself and realized this would be a great and quick class you might enjoy. The bonus is, at the end of it, you have new skills and three new pattern brushes that will prove to be very versatile for you.
In this class I’ll walk you through:
- my step-by-step method for making seamless patterns in Procreate
- my workflow for use of layers and other great features like snappin
- adjusting patterns and making them into pattern brushes
- fully seamless pattern creation
- methods for adding color and variety to the brushes
If you’re an aspiring pattern designer with a good basic knowledge of Procreate, you’ll be able to go through all the steps. This class will benefit anyone who wishes to simplify creation of seamless patterns and methods to improve efficiency.
The key concepts I will include:
- review of my brush alterations and adjustments
- a look at the Procreate Brush Studio and altering brushes
- approaches you can take in your creative work
This is an ideal class for you, even if you are not sure what you will use the pattern for, whether it be for fabric design for sites like Spoonflower, scrapbooking paper, custom web graphics, or whatever! Learning new Procreate workflows is always desirable. I guarantee you will create something really appealing, and it’s so much fun, once you get the hang of it!
Concepts covered: Concepts covered include but are not limited to Procreate checkered, gingham and buffalo plaid patterns, layering, Procreate canvas settings, Procreate snapping and guides, Procreate pattern brush creation, Procreate pattern brush color dynamics, the Brush Studio in Procreate, adjusting Procreate brushes, applying color changing properties to a brush, sizing of documents and brushes, workflow best practices, the use of mock ups to test the patterns, painting best practice, Procreate composites, techniques with paints and blending, and much more.
You will get the bonus of…
- 27 minutes of direction from an instructor who has been in graphic design business and education for over 40 years
- knowledge of multiple ways to solve each design challenge
- an outline with links to further research
a list of helpful online sites to further your education into surface pattern design
- Intro to Checkers, Gingham and Buffalo Check Patterns in Procreate (1:12)
- Lesson 1 Overview and History of Gingham (4:16)
- Lesson 2 Create a Basic Checker Pattern (5:44)
- Lesson 3 Gingham Pattern and Brush Creation (5:46)
- Lesson 4 Buffalo Plaid Creation (8:24)
- Lesson 5 Testing the Pattern on a Mock Up (6:43)
- Lesson 6 Conclusion and Closing Thoughts 1 (2:08)