About This Class
Did you know that Procreate can be used for simple page layout? I have set out in this class to cover some of the basics. The project is one that I do every year for a number of friends and family, so it can be another little project that you can make money from. This class, Create a Holiday Photo Card with Mixed Media, combines photos and inventive background creation using brushes. I give you a ton of ideas, so you can experiment and come up with a look unique to you.
This new class will show you my page-layout methods, and how to use mixed-media brushes to create a layered and detail-rich background. In the class, I take you from start to finish in creating a complete photo card. We start with a rough sketch and end with an artwork that can be uploaded to a POD site. I have chosen Vistaprint to show you today because I have found that the process are very reasonable, especially if you create “marketing materials” instead of “greeting cards”. You will be surprised at how inexpensive 50 cards will be.
In this class I’ll walk you through:
- working with photos in Procreate
- my step-by-step method for working in digital mixed media
- tips for creating compositions for a layered mixed-media look
- my workflow for use of layers and blending modes
- adjusting colors and using functions such as distort
- methods for keeping the art fully editable for later adjustments and recoloring
Do you like mixed-media work? Are you looking for other ways to make money from graphic design? Are you unsure of how to accomplish this digitally and especially in Procreate? I am hoping this class will get you going.
The key concepts I will include:
- review of my methods to create even spacing even without the availability of guides
- a look at compositional strategies to lay out your work in an interesting way
- approaches you can take for creating different iterations of your design.
Learning page layout and mixed-media techniques will give you a challenging yet satisfying new set of skills. With custom cards which feature mixed-media digital art there are so many ready paths of exploration. I can’t wait to see what you produce!