About this Class:
Have you had a chance to take my other Floral Procreate Classes, including Watercolour Floral Abstracts with Procreate? If you have, you’ve learned plenty about custom Procreate brushes, but I still have more for you!
This new class, Loose and Bold Watercolor Floral in Procreate, will show you some of my illustration and watercolor painting methodology in Procreate, and ways to use brushes with wild abandon. In the class, I take you from start to finish in creating a full watercolor floral illustration, notably with a rough and loose technique. The star of the show is the use of brushes to create this loose and textural bold floral style.
In this class, I want to show you how to create beautiful watercolor florals on your iPad using the app Procreate. You'll get the tools and understanding of how to paint any flower in a loose style! This class will greatly increase your observation skills and will help you develop your painting style. I'll even show you examples of how to fill in the floral compositions and add simple one-stroke leaves! The class is jam packed with tons of examples and tips, so what are you waiting for?
Concepts covered include but are not limited to Procreate floral watercolor design, Procreate Patterns with brushes, layering, transparency, Procreate brush stamps, Procreate canvas settings, watercolor brush settings, watercolor-specific issues, one-stroke leaf painting, Procreate snapping and guides, Procreate floral brush creation, the Brush Studio in Procreate, adjusting Procreate brushes, sizing of documents and brushes, compositions with brush stamps, adding texture with brushes, procreate brushes for adding other interesting details, workflow best practices, painting best practice, Procreate composites, techniques with paints and blending, and much more.
These lessons in Procreate are the perfect place to build watercolour skills in an environment where you can work in an instinctive and intuitive manner. I give you advice on how to be sure to save files and go back to old versions in case you need to. If you have yearned for a daily practice of just creating art, this class is for you, whether you are a professional artist/illustrator or you just want to make art for fun. Check out my Pinterest board called Watercolour Inspirations for example work, and just imagine what you'll be able to create after completing this class. You don't need to know how to draw, or even have ever worked with watercolour paints before. All you need is an open mind, the willingness to learn and take risks, and the drive to have a tonne of fun!
You will get the bonus of…
- a free brush set (value $14)
- a free background textures document (value $24)
- an hour of direction from an instructor who has been in graphic design business and education for over 40 years
- knowledge of multiple ways to solve each design challenge
- an outline with links to further research
- a list of helpful online sites to further your education into surface pattern design
- Intro to Loose and Bold Textural Watercolor (3:07)
- Lesson 1 Overview and Document Set-Up (6:38)
- Lesson 2 Rough Sketch and Painting Pointers (7:52)
- Lesson 3 Finishing Flowers and Starting Leaves (7:38)
- Lesson 4 Filling in All the Leaves (5:22)
- Lesson 5 Fill-In Dots and Using the Mop (6:42)
- Lesson 6 Background and Texture Details 1 (6:53)
- Lesson 7 Review and Completion Plus Mockups (3:38)
For a challenge, try these DeloresArt Classes
Here are a few other Procreate classes you may be interested in. For full school offerings, click the "View All Products" link below: