About this Class
I have been wanting to introduce the Clone Tool to you for awhile now. I will do this with a couple of fun layouts you can produce using photos. You may have seen the tool before in your adjustments tab and wondered what does the clone tool actually do? Well, the clone tool is a powerful photo editing tool that allows you to paint pixels from one area onto another. It is often used for minor alterations to an image, such as removing unwanted specks or blemishes. But you can also use it to get really creative and use it to create the vintage looking layouts that I have in store for you!
In the adjustments menu, you'll see the Clone Tool. It allows you to duplicate areas of the canvas using any brush of your choosing.
Paint one part of an image onto another part of the canvas for quick and natural duplication.
Replace one part of an image with another part. It’s pretty amazing!
Concepts include but are not limited to Procreate design using the Clone Brush, layering, transparency, Procreate brush setttings, Procreate canvas settings, adjusting brush settings, the Brush Studio in Procreate, sizing of documents and brushes, compositions with photos, adding texture with brushes, procreate brushes for adding other interesting details, workflow best practices, painting best practice, Procreate composites, composition and design pointers, techniques with paints and blending, and much more.
In this class I’ll walk you through:
· my step-by-step method for choosing photos as components of the layout
· tips for creating compositions for a varied and appealing art piece
· my workflow for use of layers and other great features like clipping masks and regular masks
· adjusting the layout and adding collage elements
· using mixed media brushes to add lots of texture and interest
· methods for keeping the art fully editable for later adjustments and recoloring
If you’re an artist with a good basic knowledge of Procreate, you’ll be able to go through all the steps with no issues. This class will benefit anyone who wishes to simplify creation of layouts using more than 1 photo.
The key concepts I will include:
· review of my design methodology
· a look at Procreate brushes and how they can be used to enhance the layout
· various approaches you can take in your creative work
This is an adventurous class for you, even if you are not sure what you will use the art for! Learning new Procreate workflows is always desirable. I guarantee you will create something really appealing, and it’s so much fun, once you get the hang of it! Knowing how to use the Clone Tool will give you all kinds of ideas. And remember, the clone tool is a great way to fix minor flaws and imperfections in any of your layouts.
- Intro to Vintage Look Clone Tool Layouts in Procreate using Brushes (1:23)
- Lesson 1 Using the Clone Brush (5:59)
- Lesson 2 Arranging Components and Adding More (7:03)
- Lesson 3 Texture and Pattern Brush Additions (6:07)
- Lesson 4 Adding All-Over Textures (5:52)
- Lesson 5 Finishing Touches and Text 720p (14:16)
- Lesson 6 Wrap Up and Mock Ups (2:24)
Look at these related classes if you are interested in bringing your skills up to the next level: