The key concepts I will include:
- working with strokes and stroke profiles
- how to make simple patterns with single motifs
- how to recolor and adjust patterns within patterns
Learning another Affinity Designer skill is an asset and an advantage for any designer in our profession and are a benefit for you to learn. Creating patterns that are a step up from ordinary gives you a jump-start!
Concepts covered include but are not limited to the Affinity Designer Asset Studio, sourcing textures, creating vector textures, Affinity Designer Vector Persona, layering, alignment options, line profile adjustments, dotted and dashed lines in Affinity Designer, Affinity Designer Transform Studio, Affinity Designer canvas settings, importing and applying textures, Affinity Designer composites, Affinity Designer Color Studio, Affinity Designer Transform Studio, layering, clipping masks, shapes, color swatches and importing colors, texture bitmap fills, and much more.
You will get the bonus of…
· 62 minutes of direction from an instructor who has been in graphic design business and education for over 40 years
· knowledge of multiple ways to solve each design challenge
· a free mockup on which you can show your beautiful patterns
With today’s project, set your objective on improving the look of your pattern. Use all the techniques mentioned so you will get the hang of using the techniques. Follow all the instructions in the lessons to work your way through the project. Once you have tried the techniques, take the time to really work on the projects over a couple of weeks.
Once complete, try using it on a mock-up and navigate to the community by hitting the community icon (double word balloon) at lower right to post your project and share with your classmates.